TwinCitiesGolf.com 2020 Team Match Play Championship
Experience the excitement of team match play with the TwinCitiesGolf.com Team Match Play Championship hosted May 1 through September 30, 2020.
How Does It Work?
**Note you must have an ACTIVE and VERIFIABLE (on www.GHIN.com) USGA handicap by FRIDAY, APRIL 10 to participate. With over 300 players, we can ONLY accept ONE official USGA handicap. Need to get one or re-activate a GHIN? CLICK HERE to activate or renew on www.TwinCitiesGolf.com
1. Format is 2-Person Teams playing team Best-Ball Match Play (individual stroke per player with lower of 2 scores being your “team” score). Scores are NOT handicap adjusted during the matches. Handicaps are used only to determine flights. Must register as a 2-Person Team. The registration cost is $40 per team & each team receives 1 free hour of indoor golf simulator time at Inside Edge Golf ($40 value) and a $10 2nd Swing tournament card per person. Early Bird Bonus: All players that register by March 1 will also be entered to win 2 tickets to Augusta 2020. Maximum of 8 teams (16 golfers) per flight per course.
2. You pick the course where you would like to play your matches. The options for courses include:
Metro Division - Columbia GC (Minneapolis)
Metro Division - Hiawatha GC (Minneapolis)
Metro Division - U of M (St. Paul)
Metro Division - Highland National 18 GC (St Paul)
East Division - Eagle Valley GC (Woodbury)
East Division - Oak Glen GC (Stillwater)
East Division - Southern Hills GC (Farmington)
West Division - Timber Creek (Watertown)
South Division - Crystal Lake GC (Lakeville)
South Division - Bellwood Oaks GC (Hastings)
North Division - Links at Northfork (Ramsey)
3. TCG creates the brackets and teams communicate with each other to setup their matches. Public Country Club members may use their PCC membership for greens fees during matches. Non-PCC members simply pay greens fees at time of each round.
4. We will have (2) flights per course. Your COMBINED team handicap determines your FLIGHT. 12.9 or less combined = A Flight. 13.0 or higher combined = B Flight. Note we no longer have a C flight. If the handicap difference between playing partner handicaps is 8.0 or more, that team will be moved UP to A flight and if one playing partner is a 3.9 or less handicap, that team will automatically be in the A flight. The maximum difference between player handicaps is 12.0.
5. Please choose 3 courses as options as courses fill up. Teams are given spots in chronological order that their application is received.
6. For each round, teams will have a minimum15 day window (including 2 full weekends) to complete their match. If teams are unable to complete their matches, winner is determined by a coin flip by TCG event manager.
6. The winning team from each flight at each course will advance to Championship round against winning teams from the other courses. Winning teams will receive TCG gift cards as prize money (based on total prize pool). TCG credits can be used for TCG events or VISA gift card redemption.
7. Dates for each round to be completed are:
Round 1: May 1 (Friday) - May 17 (Sunday)
Round 2: May 18 (Monday) - June 1 (Monday)
Round 3: June 2 (Tuesday) - June 15 (Monday)
Round 4: June 16 (Tuesday) – June 29 (Monday)
Playoff Rounds: 2 dates in September TBD (set by May 1)
Championship Matches: Will be setup on day/time/course determined by the 2 teams.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com
>>To RSVP a team, CLICK HERE TO REGISTER A TEAM (link to Volusion store). No cost to RSVP…the $40 per team registration fee (for the prize pool) is payable at time of registration to secure your spot.
Q1. Why do we require a GHIN?
A1. With over 300 players, it is critical that all players can research and validate other participant rounds and USGA handicap. For this reason, we have chosen GHIN as it is offered through TwinCitiesGolf.com.
Q2. When do we have to have an active GHIN with a minimum of 5 scores posted by?
A3. April 10, 2020
Q3. When will the brackets be set?
A3. Pairings will be published on April 15, 2020 with matches beginning May 1.
Q4. What do we do if teams cannot find a time to play within each 2 week window?
A4. If teams cannot play, a coin flip will determine the winning team.
Q5. When do players need to be available?
A5. Players must be available and willing to play on either a weekday (evening ok) or weekends within each 2 week window.
Q6. How do the playoffs work?
A6. Winning teams at EACH course in each flight qualify for the Playoffs in September. Players will have 2 Saturday date options in September to choose from for the chance to advance to the Championship match. Winning teams in each of the Playoff rounds will go head to head in the Championship match on a day/time that works for both teams.
Q7. What are the prizes?
A7. Winning team in both A and B Flights will win $300 in VISA gift cards and a plaque. 2nd place team will receive $200 in VISA gift cards.