TwinCitiesGolf.com 2019 Team Match Play Championship
Experience the excitement of team match play with the TwinCitiesGolf.com Team Match Play Championship hosted May 10 through September 10, 2019.
How Does It Work?
**Note you must have an ACTIVE and VERIFIABLE (on www.GHIN.com) USGA handicap by SUNDAY, MAY 5 to participate. With over 500 players, we can ONLY accept ONE official USGA handicap. Need to get one or re-activate a GHIN? Do so on www.TwinCitiesGolf.com
1. Format is 2-Person Teams playing team Best-Ball Match Play (individual stroke per player with lower of 2 scores being your “team” score). Scores are NOT handicap adjusted during the matches. Handicaps are used only to determine flights. Must register as a 2-Person Team. The registration cost is $20 per team. Maximum of 16 teams (32 golfers) per flight per course.
2. You pick the course where you would like to play your matches. The 16 options for courses include:
Metro Division - Columbia GC (Minneapolis)
Metro Division - Goodrich GC (St. Paul)
Metro Division - Hiawatha GC (Minneapolis)
Metro Division - Highland National 18 GC (St Paul)
East Division - Eagle Valley GC (Woodbury)
East Division - Oak Glen GC (Stillwater)
East Division - Southern Hills GC (Farmington)
West Division - Albion Ridges (Annandale)
West Division - Timber Creek (Watertown)
South Division - Crystal Lake GC (Lakeville)
South Division - CreeksBend GC (New Prague)
South Division - Bellwood Oaks GC (Hastings)
North Division - Chomonix (Lino Lakes)
North Division - Links at Northfork (Ramsey)
North Division - Refuge (Oak Grove)
St Cloud Area - Territory GC (St Cloud)
3. TCG creates the brackets and teams communicate with each other to setup their matches. Public Country Club members may use their PCC membership for greens fees during matches. Non-PCC members simply pay greens fees at time of each round.
4. We will have (2) flights per course. Your COMBINED team handicap determines your FLIGHT. 12.9 or less combined = A Flight. 13.0 or higher combined = B Flight. Note we no longer have a C flight. If the handicap difference between playing partner handicaps is 8.0 or more, that team will be moved UP to A flight and if one playing partner is a 3.9 or less handicap, that team will automatically be in the A flight. The maximum difference between player handicaps is 12.0 (this prevents a 1.0 and a 12.0 from playing B flight)
5. Please choose 3 courses as options as courses fill up. Teams are given spots in chronological order that their application is received.
6. For each round, teams will have a 15 day window to complete their match. If teams are unable to complete their matches, winner is determined by a coin flip by TCG event manager.
6. The winning team from each flight at each course will advance to Championship round against winning teams from the other courses. Winning teams will receive TCG gift cards as prize money (based on total prize pool). TCG credits can be used for TCG events or VISA gift card redemption.
7. Dates for each round to be completed are:
Round 1: May 10 - May 26
Round 2: May 27 - June 12
Round 3: June 13 - June 30
Round 4: July 1 – July 17
Championship Rounds: July 18 – August 4
Course vs. Course Winners: August 5 - September 10
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
>>To RSVP a team, CLICK HERE and complete the form. No cost to RSVP…the $20 per team registration fee (for the prize pool) is payable once your course selection is confirmed.